Monday, January 17, 2005

Can't get enough of...



Twisted Halo!
...my favorite band in the scene today! Yeah, I think I've mentioned that before... but anyway, it's worth repeating again and again and again...

Feeling ko nga sawa na si Andrew sa kakasama sa akin sa Halo gigs - Twisted Halo na naman? - hehehe :P


So there, caught these guys onstage just last January 11 at the RAID! anti-piracy gig at the UP Bahay ng Alumni. And then, two days later, at SM Megamall for the opening of a photoexhibit. Aaadiiik! Oh well...

Favorite Halo songs
- toss-up between Brad & Hiram, from their self-titled EP
- with My Happy Thoughts & Public Service Announcement, from the ...Bolo Brigade... album coming in 2nd place

Favorite Halo gigs that I've heard/seen
(I'm pretty sure I've missed a LOT of their gigs, being a hardcore Halo-convert since 2003 only, but anyway I'll mention some kick-ass gigs I've experienced so far)
- 2004 guestings on NU107's The First Show: haaangkuleeet!!! especially Joey & Monmon LOL!
- 9/18/04 Admit One @ Saguijo Makati: with Aia doing live backups on #36, what's not to love?!
- 9/06/04 Kwentuhan with Samapi @ Pisay Diliman: hehehe, siyempre gig namin 'to! ;)

I guess you can expect more Twisted Halo ravings roundhere soon :P


Hiram
from the Twisted Halo EP (c) 2001
the exquisite poetry's just half of it, you *gotta* listen to the song!

minsan pa, hagkan natin ang umaga...
at iwan ang gabing hiram nating dalwa...
kahit saglit, nilipad mo ako't inabot nating dalwa...
sabay ng pagluha, bumitaw na naman at umasa...
kung sakali... kung sakali...

minsan pa, hagkan natin ang umaga...
paraisong nakabinbin sa 'sang sulok ng dilim...
naghihintay ng muling pagdating... nag-aabang ng takipsilim...
umaasang mayat-maya'y nariyan at kasayaw ka...
kung sakali... kung sakali...

[insert lovely & powerful riffs & solos here]

No comments: