Saturday, February 12, 2005

Think happy thoughts!


HOOK (Robin Williams, 1991) was on Cinemax a while ago. And no matter how many times I've seen it already, I still can't help but finish it everytime I catch it on the tube :P

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite movies. I was in the 5th grade when it came out in the cinema, and to be 11 and believe you can fly like Peter Pan was awesome. As in after watching the movie feeling ko makakalipad ako by simply holding on to my happy thought, hehehe.

Watching it all over again is just as fun! I get senti all over, and the memories associated with this movie come back in waves of nostalgia. As I said, I was Grade 5 back in '91, and in one subject, we were asked to make our wedding invitation. I was totally clueless about who I wanted to marry (d-uh), but then I had just seen Hook, and I was smitten by Rufio, played by Pinoy boy Dante Basco. And so I ended up marrying Dante - as written in my wedding invitation at least :D



Dante's actually all over Hollywood. Besides his big role as the new leader of the Lost Boys in Hook, he has also appeared in lots of shows such as Moesha, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and The Wonder Years. Ever seen the Fil-Am movie "The Debut"? That's Dante in the lead role there, all grown up and still in the business. His latest high profile appearance would prolly be The Black Eyed Peas' video of "The Apl Song", as the younger version of the veteran soldier.

But besides Dante, there are a lot of other things I love about Hook. Heck, it stars Robin Williams, who's probably my most favorite actor ever. Gimme a Robin Williams film and I'd probably love it to pieces (read: Dead Poets Society, What Dreams May Come, etc). Also, the Lost Boys and Jack and Maggie were all so adorable. I can't help but wonder if they're still in showbiz now.

And of course, it's always the quotable-quotes that get me :D I always have a laugh when Maggie tells Hook that he's just "a mean old man without a mommy." And it's one of those awww moments when Tinkerbell tells Peter that that place "between sleep and awake, where you still remember you were dreaming" is where she'd always love him. But I guess this one takes the cake:

TO LIVE...to live will be an awfully big adventure ;)
(Carpe diem, anyone? Dead Poets Society style?)


1 comment:

tseri said...

i love Hook as well! napanood mo na yung Peter Pan movie na latest. yung bata talaga si peter pan? grabe, crush ko na sya. hehe! :)