Monday, April 18, 2005

I feel stupid and contagious

Uy, April na nga pala. It's been 11 years since a man called Kurt Cobain decided to burnout rather than fade away...

1994. I was just discovering this thing called rock and roll. Ako po noon ay batang 96.3 WRock hehehe. And then one time I heard this noisy song on Campus Radio WLSFM (uy, that was the IN station back then!) and said to myself, "Hey, that's a nice song despite the noise..." Smells Like Teen Spirit pala yun.

Too bad I discovered Nirvana too late. Patay na si Kurt nung ako'y nakinig sa mga kanta niya. Nonetheless, he struck a chord. And he continues to rock years after he said goodbye.

Kurt Donald Cobain was 27. I was 13. He ended his life, I was just beginning mine. But the power of his music lives on, and I am grateful for that. Astig ka Kurt. Salamat sa Nirvana.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Astig talaga Nirvana!!!

-dax

ps. just surfing who else have my name DACS... hehehe came across with yours. hope ok lang.

- d a c s - said...

Hehehe, ayuz Dax =P