Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A belated Happy Mom's Day!


Amor and her bunso. Amor is a friend I met during my tambay days at the CASAA steps in UP Diliman (circa 1998 onwards). She's been selling ponytails (scoongy, or however you spell that) ever since I can remember.



Motherhood, in itself, is a tough job. What more if you have to face it without a partner in life. What more if you're just a child yourself, barely out of high school. What more if your job gave you just enough to get by everyday - and that was before your child was born.

Life can be tough on people. Life can be tough on mothers. But there are those that will themselves to be strong for their children.


This is a salute to all the mothers in the world. May you be blessed a hundredfold for all the sacrifices and heartaches that you've gone through.

Most especially to my mom and my lola, who chose to be my mothers. They truly are God's gifts to me.

No comments: