Friday, May 06, 2005

Missing my baby badly

I feel like a big chunk of my life is missing. And indeed, it is.


Asti loves posing for my camera. This shot was taken sometime 2003.


Asti, my 9-year-old toy poodle, is staying at the vet for 3 days :( Last night, she seemed terribly sick. She couldn't sleep because of the discomfort she felt, and I couldn't sleep because I was deeply worried about my baby.

So I brought her to the vet first thing in the morning, and it broke my heart to know that she'd have to be confined and observed for 3 days while they try to figure out what's wrong with her.

Soon as I left the clinic, I missed her terribly already. Good thing they've got visiting hours, 11am-7pm.

Got home this evening a bit past 7, just after visiting Asti at the clinic. She looked better than she did this morning. I just hope they find out what we can do to make her better.


Asti taking a nap in the 'attic', sometime 2003


I want her back in my house, where she welcomes me when I get home. She'd wag her tail as I enter the door, then wait for me to plop on the couch. She'd climb right up and lay her head on my lap, waiting for me to pet her.

On days when she was newly-bathed, she'd wait for me to come home, then show off her soft and fragrant self - as in hindi pwedeng hindi mo siya pansinin or else she'll hound you like crazy.

I also love the way she makes a point. Like when I'd ask her to leave my room, I'd open the door then tell her to go out. If she doesn't feel like leaving, she'd promptly sit down and look at me as if to say, "I'm keeping my butt right here and you can't make me do otherwise."

Man, doing this entry makes me miss her more. I think I better stop. Anyway, I can go visit her again tomorrow...


Miss you na Asti! Hope you can come home soon.

No comments: