Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What's going on?

25 years of my life and still
I'm trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this
Brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
So I cry somethimes when I'm lying in bed
To get it all out what's in my head
Then I start feeling a little peculiar
So I wake in the morning and I step
Outside I take deep breath
I get real high
Then I scream from the top of my lungs
What's goin' on
And I say hey...
And I say hey what's goin' on

And I try, oh my God do I try
I try all the time
In this institution
And I pray, oh my God do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution

25 years of my life and still
I'm trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination

- "What's Up?",
4 Non Blondes (c) 1992/1993(?)

* The biggest hit back when I was in 6th/7th grade
* Was twice part of the NU107 year-end countdown, #1 pa nga ata nung 1994 (lemme know if I remembered it incorrectly :P)
* Sung by Suzie at tonight's
Rockstar INXS Performance Show
* The official soundtrack of my 25th year here on Planet Earth.

- - - - -

My personal official soundtrack for the past year:

all the people I once knew
the faces I once could relate to
24 years is such a vast sea of time

all the loves I've gone through
all the things I thought I could get used to
24 YEARS YET I'M STILL JUST A CHILD

some scars we bare are deep
some pain we buy real cheap
best to look before you leap
because the seeds we sow we reap

been talking to a man
who tells me all his problems
and how he could have had it all
but didn't bother
he took things to the bank
and never did he gamble
now he's just a man
who tells people all his problems

and the times I though to change
ENDING UP STAYING JUST THE SAME
24 years and I still can't make up my mind

the ways I wish I went
after countless dead ends
24 notches on this belt of my life...

IF I COULD MAKE IT THROUGH ONE MORE DAY
THEN MAYBE ALL THIS WILL CHANGE
if I could make it though one more day
then maybe he'll go away
make through one more day...

- "24", from Wolfgang's WURM album (c) 1997

- - - - -

Someone better make a song about being 26, I'm gonna need that in 364 days.

- - - - -

Salamat sa lahat ng bumati! *hug!*

2 comments:

Frank said...

happy bday!!!

The Bad Angel said...

belated happy bday dacs! ;)