Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Rockstar: Supernova Week # 5 (Top 11)

Patrice Pike - Higher Ground (Red Hot Chili Peppers cover)
Chris Daughtry did this 1,000x better in just over a minute.

Josh Logan - Santeria (Sublime)
Hehe, Josh gets away with a reggae song on a rock show. I reeeaaally love his vocals.

Dilana - Can't Get Enough (Bad Company)
I'm getting to appreciate Dilana more. The more she performs, the more I see that she actually has talent, hindi lang puro rocker effect.

Toby Rand - Pennyroyal Tea (Nirvana)
I liked this version! I wonder whose arrangement it is. Nice one, Toby. I hope you stay on the show longer, wala na si Phil Ritchie eh, hehehe.

Zayra Alvarez - 867-5309/Jenny (Tommy Tutone)
Omg, Zayra actually rendered Supernova speechless sa sobrang panget ng performance niya, hehehe. Zayra go home. Supernova boys, please get over your crush on her. She gotta go.

Magni - Clocks (Coldplay)
Magni keeps getting better. And it's so touching to hear him say that he really wants to do this, else he'd have gone back to his family in Iceland, where his son took his first steps without Daddy. Tommy's announcement that Magni's family is gonna be flown to the US was the best thing ever. Nakakatouch naman.

Jill Gioia - Don't You Forget About Me (Simple Minds)
I liked Jill the first time I saw her. But she tends to overdo things. Sayang yung ganda ng boses niya. Dave's comment was a slap on the face - he said that Jill's performance was one of those moments in a rock show when you'd want to get up and get a drink or go to the bathroom. Tsss.

Ryan Star - Losing My Religion (REM)
Nice, angsty piano version. Way to go, Ryan! I think that'll go down as one of the best performances EVER this season. Suzie McNeil did a great job with this one last season, too.

Lukas Rossi - Celebrity Skin (Hole)
Yet another song recycled from Season 1. Lukas kept eating his words; I think di niya kabisado lyrics.

Storm Large - Changes (David Bowie)
I prefer the high energy Storm. Her vocals are one of the best this season, though.

Dana - Baba O'Riley (The Who)
This was also performed by Jordis last Season (Jordis and Dana are both the youngest in their batches). Jordis had more power. I love this song, but Dana just didn't bring it.

- - - - -

I think Lukas just might end up in the bottom 3 tomorrow. I hope Zayra will be there, too. And I think Jill's gonna be part of that. Though Jill being there would only give Zayra yet another week on the show. Unless they just send them all home, hehehe. Come on, Zayra go home.

And yeah, Ryan's definitely getting that encore.

No comments: