Friday, February 22, 2008

AI7 Top24 Gals

Only a Filipino/Filipina in the competition can hook me into Idol, that's why so far I've only watched Seasons 3, 5, and 7. And the Pinay in this season looks very promising :)

But before we get to her, I've just got one observation for Season 7 (which Ninna mentioned to me as well): I don't think there'll be white Americans in the finals :P I think it'll be the imports and the half-breeds who will go far in this competition. The white folks are just so blah, nothing really special about them.

So yeah, I don't have much to say about the other girls, so let's just jump right to my top picks for tonight.


Amanda Overmyer, "Baby Don't Go" - Biased ako sa rockers, obviously. And this gal is the real deal, with the whiskey soaked Janis voice to match. I hope she doesn't stumble though with the other themes. Celine Dion& night, anyone? :P


Syesha Mercado, "Tobacco Road"
- I like her song choice, and she did it well.


Asia'h Epperson, "Piece of My Heart" - I love Janis Joplin, especially this song. So anyone who does this song well gets props from me. And yeah, I fell for Asia'h's audition, too.


Ramiele Malubay, "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me"
- Classy. This gal will go places. Right to the end of this competition, hopefully :) She definitely has better chances than Jasmine Trias and Camille Velasco. And I love her reply to Ryan's question about what she enjoys best in AI so far: hair and makeup! And shoes! :P

No comments: