Sunday, June 28, 2009

Long live the King of Pop!

I'd rather we were celebrating his music while he was still amongst us. But I'm pretty sure that wherever he is, he now knows just how much people the world over loved and adored him and his craft.

Michael, your music will live forever. Thank you.

I'll never let you part, for you are always in my heart.


Image credit

- - - - -

Tributes from other musicians and celebs (personal picks):

...He was amazingly talented and largely misunderstood. I hope that the media will be kind and celebrate the genius instead of cashing in on the tabloid angles that made him a prisoner. I think he deserves that. - Chris Cornell (who did an awesome cover of Billie Jean)

Michael Jackson will always be remembered as one of the greatest performers in the history of popular music...the powerful thing about great music is that it will always live on. He was and always will be an icon. - John Legend

Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us...I truly hope he is memorialized as the '83 moonwalking, MTV owning, mesmerizing, unstoppable, invincible Michael Jackson. - John Mayer

The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artist in the history of music...For anyone who has ever seen, felt, or heard his art, we are all honored to have been alive in this generation to experience the magic of Michael Jackson. - Beyonce

For every Memory in your life that His music gave You may we all offer him dignity and respect as a token ? Respect The Dancer...RIP MJ - M.C. Hammer

...I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being. I am deeply saddened this evening...May you rest in peace sweet Michael. You gave us all you had to give. - Lenny Kravitz

Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids. I plea to the press to respect his wishes of maintaining the anonymity of his children. I plea to the public to refuse to consume media that does not respect the anonymity of Michaels children. - Ashton Kutcher

Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! - Kelly Rowland

My heart... my mind... are broken...I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him...My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've known...I keep looking at the photo he gave me which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you for ever'. And, I will love him for ever. - Elizabeth Taylor

No comments: