Monday, August 31, 2009

"...the real adventure of life is the relationship we have with other people..."

This seems to be a year of losing people who mean much to me or to society...

Anabel Bosch (musician), January 2009
Mike Francis (musician), February 2009
Francis M (musician), March 2009
Bea Arthur (actress), April 2009
Auntie Lalen (my mom's sister), June 2009
Michael Jackson (musician), June 2009
Tara Santelices (musician), July 2009
Cory Aquino (former president and icon of democracy), August 2009
Shella Paz (co-teacher and friend), August 2009

Here's something I recently posted on my other music-related Multiply:

One too many icons have passed away in recent months. With each passing comes the end of an era. And yet, life must go on for the living.

And here's a beautiful quote from the director of Disney/Pixar's animated film, "Up" (emphasis mine):

"Basically, the message of ["Up"] is that the real adventure of life is the relationship we have with other people, and it's so easy to lose sight of the things we have and the people that are around us until they're gone. More often than not I don't really realize how lucky I was to have known someone until they're either moved or passed away. So if you can kind of wake up a little bit and go, Wow, I've got some really cool stuff around me every day, then that's what the movie's about." - Pete Docter, in an interview about his movie "Up"

No comments: