Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fave MJ moves

I'm not a fan of dance, but I do love MJ's moves.

Here are my top 7 favorite Michael Jackson moves. Most of them are from the Dangerous era, because that's when I really got to know and love MJ's music.



7. Will You Be There (Music Video, 1993)
This is one of my top 5 MJ songs. I love the sign-language moves of the backup singers in the video, as well as MJ's dance during the instrumental part.

6. Black or White (Music Video, 1991)
I'm not actually fond of the song, but I love the video because of how MJ infused his own style into different cultural dances.

5. Remember the Time (Music Video, 1992)
Iman is so beautiful! And the dance scene with all the Egyptian moves was cool.

4. Blood on the Dance Floor (Music Video, 1997)
There are so many things I love about this video: the red suit, the braided ponytail, Susie and the lamp, Mike and the maracas, Susie and Mike doing the salsa.

3. Billie Jean (Live - 30th Anniversary, 2001)
The moonwalk is MJ's trademark move. It may not be an original, but he certainly made it HIS. This, for me, is his best performance of Billie Jean.

2. Smooth Criminal (Live - Dangerous Tour, 1992-1993)
This one's from his Dangerous tour. Love the song. Love the suit. Love the intro. Love the theatrics. Love the moves.

1. Dangerous (Live)
I have no idea where this performance is from. I just discovered it on YouTube after Mike died. In the weeks after his death, I probably watched that video 50 times. It's the hottest dance of MJ ever.

No comments: