Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sugarfree's Mall Tour at SM North Edsa

Yey, I finally get to gig! Actually, my first actual gig for 2005 was Samapi's Talagang Concert 2, which was awesome =)

So anyway, I checked out the first leg of Sugarfree's DRAMACHINE Mall Tour at SM North Edsa last Friday. Opening act HALE gave a great start.


Hale opens for Sugarfree at SM North Edsa

I'm not really good at describing how bands sound, but I'd say they play easy-on-the-ears rock, beautiful yet not sissy. I'm definitely checking out their album, which'll be out soon also under EMI. In the meantime, I might check out the
FULL VOLUME compilation, which features 18 of "the best of Pinoy alternative" artists, including Hale.


What is now popularly known in the Sugarfree mailing list as
the Little Boy Ebe look


And to the delight of the humongous crowd (which had LOTS of QueSci kids out there), Sugarfree started their set with the adorably sweet Sinta (saw the vid ulit kanina at kinikilig parin ako to watch it). I keep forgetting to jot down playlists, but thanks to
Klara, here's what Sugarfree played that afternoon: Sinta, Burnout, Prom (their next single!), Tulog Na, Mariposa and Hari ng Sablay.


Singing along to Mariposaaa...


The part that the fans particularly liked was most probably the autograph signing session. I didn't bring anything for the band to sign, so I just contented myself with taking their pics while they were busy with the fans.


Singson seriously signing

It was a great way to wrap up a toxic week. What made it extra special was that I made it to the backstage c/o Sir Sammy (thank you!), Sugarfree's manager, and got to meet the Sugarboys before their set. I was pleasantly amused that Ebe remembered who I was; he even asked me why he didn't see me at Admit One gigs anymore. And Jal asked me if I brought my camera - but of course I did. Thing is, I forgot to USE IT while I was backstage =P Sayang, la pa naman akong pic with Sugarfree. Or at least man lang I could've taken a shot of Ebe who was busy with his Gameboy Advance SP (did I get that right? basta Gameboy yun...) Next time probably =)

Here are the shots I did take. Couple of shots of Hale included.

2 comments:

jona said...

mam dacs! inggit ako sa mga gigs mo. sobrang nanghinayang ako na di ako nakapunta sa ni-isang gig nung umuwi ako over christmas. tapos ngayon sobra patay concert scene dito kasi winter. at syempre pa kung meron man sobrang mahal ang tickets lalo na para sa isang hamak na grad student:) . . .sobrang mahal ko din sugarfree. i always listen to them pag naho-homesick ako. curious tuloy ako sa twisted halo. tsaka i want to hear the new sound of imago! paano kaya ako makakuha ng mga cds?

- d a c s - said...

hey dina! astig! galing nga ng sugarfree and twisted halo ;) and yeah, napapadaan ako minsan sa mga saguijo admit one. haven't been to one lately though. ayuz, ipagpatuloy lang ang pagsuporta sa pinoy music scene ;)

ey jona, next time you're back here sa pinas, gig tayo :)