Sunday, February 27, 2005

My Kjwan Week - Bastusan Na!

Last week was Kjwan Week :D Haven't seen this guys in action in a very looong time, and it was really great seeing them again three times in the span of four days :P

First caught these guys at the UP Fair last Saturday, where their set was just really rockin'. It literally sent dust clouds into the air as the moshers slammed through all three songs of their short but sweet set.

The next day, I went to Tower Records at the Alabang Town Center where the band was supposed to perform at 6pm. Reached Tower at about 5, not much people around yet, so I decided to check out Calvin and Hobbes at Powerbooks. Big mistake, because when I got to Tower at around 5:45, the place was friggin' PACKED! Was excited pa naman to get really good pics because the place was small and I thought I'd be able to get good close-up shots, but NOOO, the place was so crowded, I couldn't even squeeze my way to the front anymore :( Had to make do with my place at the back, buti nalang de-swivel ang LCD monitor ng cam ko :D Looove
My Precious talaga, hehehe. At least, I was able to take a couple of ok shots, nangawit nga lang kilikili ko kakastretch ng arm to take pics :P



Kjwan at Tower Records ATC

That ATC gig was really one for the books. In the
Kjwan mailing list, Jorel said they really loved that gig - para daw naging Freedom Bar on Admit One anniversary night yung Tower Records, may moshpit pa talaga and crowd surfing(!).


Nagka-moshpit sa *loob* ng Tower ATC(!)


And finally, on Tuesday, caught Kjwan one more time at Tower Records Glorietta. Yet again, maraming tao. Pero mas marami na ngayong chicks kaysa moshers (halos wala nga nung mga yun eh, hehe). It was great meeting a couple of listers (Hey Sansan and Julius!), my good friend Anne (na panalo ang photo-op with Mr. Abaya!), and a Pisay student (Hey Klarisse! Naka-uniform ka pa talaga nun ha :P ) hehehe.

And Jorel was so nice, he let me take pics from inside the ropes! Yipeee! Andami ko tuloy
kuha hehehe. Too bad I wasn't really into moving around to take pics from different views, but at least I got good pics of all the members, I think :D Oh and yeah, he gave me a poster too! Woohoo :)



Sayang lang di ko pa napa-sign, kahit CD ko wala pang pirma nila. All the more reason to catch more Kjwan gigs, hehehe...


The view from just outside Tower Records Glorietta

More pics of their Tower Records gigs
here (ATC) and here (Glorietta). But this one here is probably my favorite of the lot:


Bastusan na!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey props to your site! I too am sooo gripped with KJWAN... hey I hope we could tag along some time, I'm looking for someone who could share the same interest in music!!! if you're interested please visit my site and and tag along with my "kjwankaness"...

www.xanga.com/trashergal

P.S I downloaded some of the pics. you're too blessed to have those moments captured...

Later ;p