Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ito ang araw ng sablay

I think this'll be my first rant-AND-rave post, hehehe. Mahaba. Proceed as you wish.

- - - - -

My SIM's currently blocked, so don't waste your load calling or texting me >=P The PUK doesn't wanna work either, so I'll try having the sim unblocked tomorrow at a Globe Business Center. Sana gumana. Don't wanna change numbers naaa! Hassle mag-update ng mga tao, tsaka di na kami pareho ni Drew na 091742... Anyways...

- - - - -

Ang malas ng mobile-phone-life ko for the past 2 weeks. First, I switch to a Motorola E398. As I transferred the contacts from the old Nokia to the E398, I obliterate a big big chunk of my phonebook. Goodbye contacts.

Then, the phone seems to have signal problems, so I have it checked sa service center and it stays there for almost two weeks. Ni hindi man lang naging "akin" yung phone ay kailangan nang pakawalan (muna). When I get it back, ok naman siya. But when I get home, wala na namang signal! Pasok na naman sa service center.

After 3 days, they tell me the phone didn't have any signal problems whatsoever. So I get it back and come to the conclusion that it just doesn't like my house. Hehehe. I guess hirap lang talaga yung model na yun na maghanap ng signal sa mga lugar na mahina talaga ang signal. Oh well.

And now that I have the E398 back, SIM KO NAMAN ANG NAWALA!!! Aaaaargh! Bwiset =( Excited pa naman akong magamit, as in MAGAMIT (personalize it and sh*t), yung E398. Langya.

- - - - -

From phones to busses: WHAT'S UP WITH AIRCONDITIONED SUCAT BUSSES?! Have they been exiled to some distant galaxy?! Grabe, wasted one hour of my life at Philcoa waiting for a Sucat bus to arrive. Drew experienced the same thing (more than an hour pa siya naghintay!) last Sunday. Lahat na ng klaseng bus dumaan - Ayala, Taft, Baclaran, Alabang, Pacita! - and yes, a couple of SUCAT busses, but not airconditioned! After about 60 minutes of standing up ALONE by the gas station, I decided to just go take the MRT to Ayala and wait for a Sucat bus there. Bwiseeeeet.

Got to Ayala, had balot merienda, then went down to wait for a Sucat bus. After 10 minutes, decided to take an Alabang bus nalang. Wala nakong patience maghintay pa ng Sucat. Should've just taken an Alabang bus from Philcoa then! Pero oks lang, saw from the MRT the horrific EDSA southbound traffic so medyo ok lang.

- - - - -

Ok, so it's not all sablay today. Couple of happy thoughts...

- - - - -

While waiting at the Globe Business Center kanina, I saw a gradeschool classmate of mine - Jennifer Vicente. Wasn't sure if she remembered me, and I wasn't in chika mode either so I just decided to not greet her. La lang, natuwa lang ko to see Jenny. She was one of the reasons I picked up the guitar back in 7th grade (she was the only girl I knew who played guitar nung grade school). The main reason though was my crush back then - ang galing kasi niya mag-gitara, nainspire tuloy akong matuto (I never did get far though, hehehe). Also thus began my romance with rock n' roll.

- - - - -

Speaking of when I first met rock n' roll...

"Believe" by Dig was played on NU couple of days ago. This, as far as I can remember, was the first ever song I heard on NU. Thus began my romance with "the station that rocks the nation..."

May senti value yang kanta na yan sa akin. Pati narin yung "Stars" by Hum, which was also on NU not too far back. Highschool pare.

- - - - -

And speaking of highschool...

Pisay98 folks! Naaalala niyo yung anak ni Ma'am Cion? Si Lara - that chubby little bungi kid running around Pisay before? My gulay! She's all grown up and dalaga now! And she's entering Pisay as an alternate sophomore! Langhiya, baka maging studyante ko pa! Hahaha!

Damn, we're OLD.

3 comments:

jem said...

tagal ko nang iniisip kung sino kumanta nung 'stars'. kay mam dacs ko lang pala malalaman.

ok yung romancing venus.

selena said...

hey hey :) may bago nakong blog http"//lynsie.multiply.com. wala na yung blogspot thing ko.

miss ko na yung "believe" tsaka "stars". ako rin, nagba-backtrack ako these days to old favorites.

si lara, dalaga na? shucks! she was a tiny toddler when i was a senior! (or was she? baka exagg naman yung memory ko hehe) Grabe. Then again, people who knew you before would also probably say, "Si Dacs, titser na??? Shuuuuuuuucksssssss!" Hehe.

- d a c s - said...

Jem: Actually recently ko rin lang naalala sino artist nun eh :)

Selena: Hey! Sige, will check out your new blog and update my link :) Lara was like 7ish ata when we were still in HS hehehe.

Hahaha! Oo nga, Ma'am na si Dacs :P