Sunday, January 21, 2007

(Bu)Hay peyups

Just saw Kamikazee's "Dyan Banda" episode sa MYX, yung bumisita sila sa UP, especially sa Fine Arts kung saan sila galing.

Nakakamiss ang Peyups! Wasn't able to see the whole ep, aabangan ko pa naman sana kung naipapakita yung Albert Hall, the building across Bartlett Hall (Fine Arts building; did I get the name right? Hehehe.). Yun kasi yung bahay ng mga MBB majors. Yup, ako po ay graduate ng Molecular Biology and Biotechnology sa University of the Philippines. Angas ba? Hehehe. Nde, kunwari lang yun :D

Ka-batch ko ata yung mga Kamikazee boys. I remember once nakatambay kami dun sa caf namin. It's a little canteen sa area ng MBB. We call it the MBB canteen; but I heard once that the Fine Arts folks call it the Fine Arts canteen. Hehehe. So anyway, some of my MBB friends also had Fine Arts friends, so I found myself making tambay (though this was a rare ocassion - sa totoo lang antisocial ako so I only tambay with my friends :P) with Fine Arts folks tas naggigitara at nagkakantahan lang sila dun. I remember pa they were playing "Plush" by the Stone Temple Pilots, and at that time I really wanted to grab the guitar kasi isa yun sa kakaunting kanta na naitutugtog ko ng ok at kumpleto. But the guitar guy was good anyway, tsaka singit nga lang ako dun so nakikanta nalang ako.

Sus, guitar guy was Jomal pala of Kamikazee. At that time, medyo kilala ko na sila. Madalas din kasi sila tumugtog sa UP gigs. Fast forward to today, I realize that I never thought they'd make it this big. I knew they were fun to watch, at alam kong papatok sila sa audience. Hindi ko lang naisip that they'd score jingles and lots of gigs and awards and whatnot. Galing, I'm happy for them. Peyups ata yan! :D

- - - - -

Ayan tuloy, I wanna go visit UP again. Actually nakakadaan pa rin naman ako ngayon. Mostly I have stuff photocopied for school. I go there in the morning, before I go to Pisay. Dun na rin ako nagbbreakfast (Rodic's tapsilog panalo!). But what I really wanna do is hang there with my college friends. Saan na nga bang barkada ngayon...

I miss the CASAA steps, where Pisay '98 folks would plant themselves and grow roots for the rest of the day. Ay, may pasok ba? Sige, iwan muna ang card game, pasok, tapos balik baraha after class. Hmmm. Naaah. Tuloy ang baraha! Hahaha.

Me, at the CASAA steps

I miss the Owl's Nest. I was in my last year in UP when I officially became a member of the UP Zoological Society, the coolest club in UP (naks)! We have the biggest tambayan in UP - isang buong bahay yun! Kaso lilipat na raw ng tambayan lahat ng Bio orgs kasi lilipat na sa College of Science complex ang lahat ng science units (tabi-tabi na math, chem, physics, bio). I got to meet some fun people sa ZS, and I'm glad kahit isang taon lang nakatambay ko sila at naka-bonding. Sometimes we'd bond in other places, like Sarah's and Ara and Liza :D

The ZS Berks at Sarah's

I miss Oz, overlooking the UP Track Oval. This resto at the Bahay ng Alumni used to serve some yummy pita sandwiches, tsaka love ko rin yung Jap fried rice nila. The place is still a resto today, pero di na Oz, iba na rin menu. As for the Track Oval, this is where my girls and I would have picnics. The Mat (R.I.P.). The wine. The pika-pika. The guitar and the songhits. Oh, and of course, The Camera. FILM camera pa ko nun!

Classic picnic pic of me and the girls.
Taken hours before a Wolfgang+Sandwich gig at the UP Bahay ng Alumni, which I watched w/ Andrew.

- - - - -

Shoutouts to the barkadas!

CASAA folks - Drew, Ramil+Andrea (welcome to the world, Baby Mateo!!!), Jeng, Hans, Cris, Basuel, PJ, Io, Lambino, Karl (belated haberdey!)...hmmm super dami natin noon, pero di ko na maalala hehehe sorry!

ZS Berks - Drew, Allan, Alvin, Funji, Pam, Meanne

My girls + Coco - Coco, Sam, Christi, Sandra, Sandy, Karen, Celeste, Ei, Anna, Ches (tres conyos marias hahaha!)

- - - - -

Haaay. Kaka-miss UP!

No comments: