Monday, January 08, 2007

I...will be...sanctified

Some awesome feedback from the Wolfgang mailing list about Alive 2007: The Wolfgang-Razorback reunion gig last night (Jan 6). Grabe, sobrang hindi ko na talaga mahintay ang Jan12!!!

- - - - -

From "Aleck Pulido":

Hi!!!!

I just came back from Alive 2007 (1:30 am, Jan. 7)...

Grabe.... I am so glad to have a chance to finally see the guys play live (as I was not permitted so when I was still studying)! Dream come true, man!

And also, I really dig my fellow fans! They, I mean, we are the best rockin' audience in this archipelago, believe me! Along with the 2 great bands, the enthusiasm of the standing room only rock fans made Alive 2007 the most "astig" gig in my books so far!

I know many will share their vids and pics here and at Youtube as my vids and pics are not that good. But we'll see if I can make it somehow good for fan consumption.

Where do I begin?

I finally met allan & wife, grms and joanne... hi! I'm sorry if I didn't formally introduce myself to many of 'ya, shy talaga ako. Try ko makilala kayong lahat next time :)Pls. correct me if I muddled some facts...thanks!

As early as 5:00 PM, there were many of us outside the Music Museum. Kaya, we were permitted to come in the early as early as 6 PM instead of 7 PM.

The gig started at about 8:30 PM... there were old pics of the 2 bands in a slide show as an introduction. Nakakatuwa :)

The order of songs/ songs played is jumbled inside my brain right now... I hope, my friends here will supply us with the song titles as they were fortunate to get a copy of the "program" (pls,pls, thanks!)

The rock icons who were part of the gig:

for wolfgang: Basti, Mon, Manuel (also for razorback), Brian (also for razorback), Francis (drummer in some parts)

for razorback: Kevin, Tirso, Louie, Manuel (also for wolfgang), Brian (also for Wolfgang), and Miguel (in some parts)

there also another guitarist in the ending salvo, Highway to Hell, but I couldn't remember his name (pls help me out guys)

non-razorback and wolfgang rockin' songs played: Come Together (Beatles), Whole Lotta Love (Led Zep), Nadapa sa Arina (Juan dela Cruz Band), Highway to Hell (AC/DC), I Never Cry (Alice Cooper, as sang by Kevin and Tirso, accompanied by Louie and Manuel)

wolfgang: mata ng diyos, center of the sun, as oceans, what grows in your garden, natutulog kong mundo, halik ni hudas, tulisan, weightless, sanctified, judas noose, a new song (can't remember the title)

razorback: payaso, giyang, voodoo who do, munting paraiso.... aaah!!! (memory lapses huhuhu, pls. help me out! thanks!)

After the show, we waited a bit, then sneaked backstage to have photo-ops, talk and have autographed signed with the guys. I also witnessed the MYX interview (just a bit before it ended... watch it this coming week at MYX News!!!) Ang babait nila, super!

If you have other tidbits I missed (alam ko marami... it was like a dream kanina, hanggang ngayon parang ayoko pang magising)... pls. place this in this thread.

Thanks! You guys rock!!! Hope I could attend a gig with you attendance again! Astig!

Aleck
\m/

Dacs says:
Woohoo! They did Come Together! Wolfgang's version of that is like one of my most favorite covers ever! And Highway to Hell...shit panalo 'to!!!

- - - - -

From "a_hinayo":

Whoa!!! T'was one of the best shows i've watched in my lifetime (considering that I grew up watching Wolfgang and Razorback live in the 90's and early 2000's) \m/. Such a great great reunion gig!!! I've said it before, and i'll say it again, i didn't missed half of my life!!!

Shook hands with and got my Razorback CDs signed by Tirso, Brian, Mig Ortigas & Kevin; and my DRT CD signed by Brian & Mig Ortigas. Thanks guys!

AMEN to everything you said ALECK. Thanks!

Nice meeting you gals from LOKO FORUM :)

Yup, they are recording it and WE are part of the live gig. ASTIG!!!
We can expect for a VCD or a DVD similar to SOUNDCHECK and ACOUSTICA!

Dacs says:
Oh wooow, the gig was recorded! I am so buying that the second it hits the record stores!

- - - - -

From "Roselo Reyes":

that was memorable men duet si basti ska kevin
ngyn q lng clang nkita ng ganun
kya lng d q nhabol si basti p picture sna aq
kya c kevin n lng ang naabutan ko

gagawa daw ulit album wolfgang ang ganda ng new song nla eh
tapos bumira si manuel ng lead wiwiwwiwiwiiwiwiwwwwwwwww
yeah that rocks me baby
tapos pauwi aq kumakanta pa ko ng highway to hell habang
nag aabang ng jeep sa edsa ok lng un kc wala ng mxadong
tao gs2 q sanang pumunta ng 2nd night ehhhh mukang d aabot ang pera
q hangang sabado 300 lng maiipon q for 1 week
sana matuloy ung bago nliang album
at pupunta aq sa mga gig nlia kht mag knda puyat puyat aq kinabukasan
pagpasok ng skul

buti nga ang aga q pumunta dun para makuha q ung reserved tickets
q un nkuha q rin ang ganda ng pwesto ko nasa taas kmi kta q silang lahat
at nandun din pla mga magulang at asawa ni basti at asawa ni kevin meron
p nga aqng nkita ngbebenta ng tickets para s mga wlang tickets binibenta nila ng 600
ang taga naman nila.buti n lng maaga aqng nagpareserve tapos nkita q si basti paakyat
xempre daming naghiyawan pati mga lalake nbakla kay basti

pero pare sana maulit tohh
cge mga ka grups ingats dun sa mga pupunta ulit ng 2nd night

Dacs says:
Hehehe, P600 pala for scalped tickets huh (yun nga ba tawag dun?). I would've frickin bought those!!! Buti nalang talaga may Jan12.

- - - - -

Eeeee I can't wait!!! This is gonna be a very long week...

No comments: