Friday, January 02, 2009

Life is fleeting. Don't you dare waste yours. (Please scroll to the end)

It's always during the week of submission of grades that the thought crosses my mind: "Sana naman walang masamang mangyari sa akin; hindi ko pa tapos ang grades!"

Seriously, I really pray that don't get into an accident or other whatnot whenever the deadline for grades looms around the corner. Or whenever I have any business that needs to get done. I guess to stop me from being a worrywart like that is to never let any unfinished business lie at my doorstep for too long - whether it's a duty you must attend to, or something you've always wanted to do but never had the guts to. Like Robin Williams' character John Keating says in my favorite movie, 1989's "
Dead Poets Society": "Carpe diem. Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary."

- - - - -


These days, whenever I am
confronted by the fragileness of life, the thought that comes to mind is: "Lord, may I not leave this world without letting the people I love the most know how much they mean to me." Don't ever hold back on showing people how much you love them, because you may never have the chance to do so again.

- - - - -


A CALL FOR HELP

Anabel Bosch, vocalist for Analog/Electrikoolaid/Tropical Depression, suffered an aneurysm last January 1. Brain surgery was performed to address the massive hemorrhage that resulted from the aneurysm. Surgery is said to have gone well, though she is still unconscious at the Makati Med ICU.

Rock Ed Philippines has organized several gigs to raise funds for Anabel's escalating medical expenses. Please support these gigs.


To know more details about Anabel's condition and especially to find out how you can help, please read her friend's post at http://lagkat.multiply.com/journal/item/26.

Please offer your help and prayers for Anabel Bosch and her family.

No comments: