Monday, March 09, 2009

Music is life (11/15/08): Francis M on Immortality

"...my voice will be heard. Always. At a touch of a button or switch, I am "alive" again...."

- - - - -

Read a couple of entries on Francis M's Happy Battle, his 'medical journal/blogumentary' early this morning, and I came upon this entry from November 15, 2008.

It showed pictures of Francis during a blood transfusion; he was vocalizing to a track from an ongoing project with Ely Buendia. He described music as his medicine. And he had these insights on immortality (bold typeface c/o Francis):

- - - - -

I still hear the voices of Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Tupac Shakur, Kurt Cobain, The Notorious B.I.G. and Frank Sinatra to name a few. And their voices rise from their graves.

I am lucky to have been a recording artist and one day when I leave this world, just like the names I mentioned, my voice will be heard. Always. At a touch of a button or switch, I am "alive" again.

In essence music is life. Music is immortality.

- - - - -

Francis, for the past days, I have been doing nothing but press play just to feel you come alive again. Your spirit will forever live in our hearts and minds. You will continue to inspire generations of Filipinos.

Thank you for your gift of music. Thank you for the gift of YOU.

No comments: