Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fave TV Show: "The Golden Girls" (1985-1992)

Was out of town for two weeks because of field biology, so I missed the news that Bea Arthur, who played Dorothy on the hit 80's series "The Golden Girls" recently passed away :(

So I did some YouTube-ing tonight and watched some Golden Girls clips. Sobrang tuwang-tuwa ako sa palabas na 'to. The chemistry of the women was excellent and their comedic timing is PERFECT. Kinda like how the cast of "Friends" from the 90's gelled so well.

They don't make shows like these anymore. Some of my fondest childhood memories are watching this and "Perfect Strangers" with my family, then recapping the episodes the next day in school with my friends :P

Opening Credits


Super funny "Condoms" skit. I don't remember watching this though. Besides, I wouldn't have understood why it was funny because I don't think I knew about condoms yet back then :D


More episodes HERE.

Pilot episode Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

Rest in peace, Bea Arthur and Estelle Getty.

No comments: