Friday, June 12, 2009

Fave Band: Mr. Big


Lately, I've been listening to my Mr. Big cassette tapes - Lean Into It (1991), Bump Ahead (1993), and Hey Man (1995), quite sad that I would never hear these songs live again, as the band had broken up years ago and were pretty much not friends with each other.

Much to my surprise and delight, I stumbled upon news at Peyups.com that they are currently having a reunion tour in Japan. I promptly head over to Wikipedia, YouTube, and MrBigSite.com to confirm the news. I was overjoyed to see that it was indeed true. And of course, I was very happy that they were all friends again :)

Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert are considered gods in their respective roles as bassist and guitarist. Pat Torpey's got some cool beats. And Eric Martin's voice is gold. Nothing compares to Mr. Big. I really really really really really wish their reunion tour extends to the Philippines, pero sana kasal na ako nun para may funds ako pambili ng ticket sa concert nila, hehehe.

To the Big fans out there, what are your favorite songs? It's darn hard to pick just a few...but I guess Just Take My Heart would be one of my most favorite songs of all time (love the intro!). I also love Nothing But Love, Goin' Where the Wind Blows, Green Tinted Sixties Mind, and Take Cover.

Photo credit: http://www.ampeg.com/roundsound/The%20Boys%20of%20Mr.%20Big.jpg

1 comment:

jem said...

there's a petition sa philmusic yata to extend the mr.big concert here.

syempre peborits ko yung kauna-unahang solo na nabuo ko -- to be with you!