Monday, August 24, 2009

Up: Hindi nakakatawa...nakakaiyak! But in a good way :)

That's me, quoting Razel/Ivy, a former student of mine (Hi!) :)

- - - - -

I love Pixar Shorts :)

Here's "Partly Cloudy", the short film shown before "Up".



Other Pixar shorts I love are "Geri's Game" (the one shown before "A Bug's Life") and "For the Birds" (the one shown before "Monsters, Inc."; though I remember the big bird's voice being a bit higher and cuter...).

- - - - -

CARL ♥ ELLIE!

Never fails to bring on the waterworks for me...

...the soundtrack is lovely, too.

For those who haven't seen it, the beginning would also be nice to see, when Carl and Ellie met as children.



"Basically, the message of ["Up"] is that the real adventure of life is the relationship we have with other people, and it's so easy to lose sight of the things we have and the people that are around us until they're gone. More often than not I don't really realize how lucky I was to have known someone until they're either moved or passed away. So if you can kind of wake up a little bit and go, Wow, I've got some really cool stuff around me every day, then that's what the movie's about." - Pete Docter, in an interview about his movie "Up"

No comments: