Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fave Movie: "Forrest Gump" (1994)

Some reasons I love Forrest Gump, my most favorite movie of ALL time.

The age of innocence. I was in transition from grade school to high school when this came out. I was as innocent as Forrest :P Watching the movie now as an adult, there were quite a couple of oh- and ah-moments, like when Forrest attacked Jenny's boyfriend in college, I really thought they (Jenny and her guy) were fighting :))

The Feather Theme I considered using this track during my wedding.

Jenny's hippie phase. Dun ako namulat sa existence ng mga hippie, at ang astig nilang porma. I think this is where I first fell in love with Volkswagen kombi. Actually I love Jenny's fashion sense throughout the whole movie.





The soundtrack. Free Bird, Break on Through (to the Other Side), Mrs. Robinson, Turn, Turn, Turn, Sweet Home Alabama, and other songs through the decades na recently ko rin lang nakilala at narealize na nandun pala sa movie.

Gary Sinise. I will forever love Lt. Dan.

">

History meets Forrest. Love how Forrest's story was integrated into so many historical moments. Especially loved that interview Forrest had where John Lennon was also a guest, and supposedly that was how the lyrics to "Imagine" came up. Or how Elvis picked up his moves from young Forrest. Or how the bumper sticker guy and the t-shirt guy got their ideas from running Forrest. Panalo.

Little Haley Joel Osment. So cute!



The lines...

Lt. Dan: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
Forrest: I didn't know we were supposed to be looking for him, sir.

Forrest: "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks."


And that's all I have to say about that :)

No comments: