Sunday, October 30, 2005

Please lang 'wag kang magulat

Di man ako nakapuntang Party Monsters on the Loose ng NU sa EK, I did get to watch Sugarfree at their free gig at the Alabang Town Center. Tintin, a family friend and the events organizer (I think) at ATC, mentioned this event to me a few weeks back, so pinaalam ko na sa kanya na pipicture ako nung gig hehe. Also got to meet Monch, Sugarfree's manager, nung binanggit sa kanya ni Ebe na I'd be taking pics of the performance. Monch allowed me naman to go onstage; nahiya nga lang ako umakyat so I didn't go onstage 'til the last few songs =P Thanks Tintin and Monch!

I enjoyed the set very much, 'cause I don't remember watching a full-hour Sugarfree set. They played songs from both albums - even Telepono was played, special request kasi ni Tintin, at dinedicate pa sa kanya =)
(Right-click and "Save Target As" to view a vidclip of Telepono - 2.10mb, 47sec)

Some stuff I remember them playing (not in order though, and prolly not complete): Sinta (sigurado ako una 'to), Prom, Telepono, Burnout, Mariposa (which Ebe dedicated to his girl, who was also there), Taguan (I love!), Tao, Tikman (their Eheads cover na kasama sa upcoming Eheads tribute album - sabi ni Ebe sa Nov na 'to!), Kwarto, Tulog Na, Hari ng Sablay (which ended the show quite memorably).
(Right-click and "Save Target As" to view a vidclip of Tikman - 3.11mb, 1min10sec)


Some of my favorite Ebe moments:

Ebe shouting at the monitor (Hoooy!!!) 'cause it was making an annoying buzzing sound, as the sound techs were trying to fix it.
*
Jal: Hi nga pala sa mga students ko...
Ebe: Hi din sa mga students ko...sa Oxford...nagtuturo kasi ako dun ng nuclear physics...(at kung anu-ano pang mga subject binanggit niya - laugh trip talaga!)
*
Ebe jumping in front of me singing "Please lang 'wag kang magulat" while I was onstage taking a pic of Mitch.
*
Kwarto lyrics:
Maglilinis ako ng aking kwarto
Na punung-puno ng galit at damit...ni Jal
Mga bagay na hindi ko na kailangan...tulad ni Mitch
Nakaraang hindi na pwedeng ipagpaliban...tulad ni Monch
*
Mitch and Ebe moment ito:
Mitch's drumstick flies away from his hands in the middle of a drumroll (er, ano ba tawag sa "riff" pag sa drums?). Ebe laughs so loudly at him, as in tipong pang-asar talaga, in mid-song, hehehe. Astig nga si Mitch eh, ambilis nakabunot ng spare stick, parang walang nangyari.
*
Ebe going down to sing amongst the crowd during Kwarto (their friend Bodjie was onstage doing Ebe's guitar duties).


The best Ebe moment, though, was when he was singing Hari ng Sablay.



The guy actually climbed the scaffolding beside the stage and sang a good half of the song from there! There was even a point when he was PARALLEL to the ground. Haaay, hehehe. Sablay nga naman =P I tried to take a decent pic pero di nako nakalapit 'cause I was on the other side of the stage, and I was too shocked at what Ebe was doing to have a bit more presence of mind =D


Here are some of my fave shots of the night.


Jal and Jal



Ebe and Ebe



Where's Ebe?



There's Ebe!



My favorite Jal shot


The rest of the pics are here. Paumanhin nalang sa fans ni Mitch, I failed to get more shots of him. Dalawa na nga lang pics ko sa kanya, pareho pang malabo. My bad :D







- - - - -

Singit ko narin:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sa kuya ni Ebe - Manong Vin Dancel! Yey!

No comments: